Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To the fallen

I didn't know you but I am sad you are gone.  All I know is you were a husband, a father, a decorated Air Force officer who served in Iraq. You came back home to Lexington to be one of the city's finest. You protected our city, our families and our friends.  You died in the line of duty.  You answered a call and were senselessly killed in a hit and run.  You were laid to rest today.  Thousands lined the streets as your funeral procession passed.  I wish I could have been one.  I can't imagine the pain your wife feels and the lack of understanding of your son.  How do you explain to a 4 year old that they can't hug their daddy again?  Today you received your last call.  One you are answering in Heaven.  May peace be with your family.  May your wife find strength and courage to face each day.  May your son grow up to be the same upstanding man you were. RIP Officer Bryan Durman.

To the men and women who serve in our military, police forces and fire fighters thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment